thinking

thinking
still

Sunday, March 14, 2010

So, in my 12 year old mentality (one of such that is enamoured by glittery and sparkly things, and only ever wishes to be silly, and feels like just about everyone is older and knows more) I have been hurt again.
There is a new baby in the family and, God help me, because her parental figures have pissed me off, i don't care to look at or touch it or coo over it.
We were informed that they, the parents, wanted everyone to sanitize their hands and whatever before holding/interacting with the baby.
We did so, the kids did so....High alcohol content burned the bejeezus outta the cuts on my fingers and hands.
My daughter was so excited to see her young cousin. She's the reason we went, otherwise i might have forgone the visit and waited until the family gathered again...Eastery.
As we entered the room we were greeted with smiles and welcomes and hellos and a birthday wish for Mark tomorrow.
The baby was held by her maternal grandmother who, while very attractive and intelligent, does not give off a warm vibe. And the kicker is , she's a minister's wife...This is the 2nd time I've met her and it's the same energy each time.
My daughter asked me, almost as soon as we entered the room, if she could hold the baby..
I knew they'd be funny about it. I told her that she was being held at the moment and was sleeping and that we'd see them soon for Easter. She was disappointed with that.
She let it go for a bit. We all talked and laughed..whatever...then she got the balls up to go ask herself...She asked the grandmother who quietly said something to her then turned to her daughter who replied in affirmation to whatever her mother had asked...My beautiful girl walked back to me dejected. And i felt that warm and mild fury overcoming me...Anyone who talked seemed to be a tunnel of sorts...All I could think of was that I didn't care about being there anymore, listening to their bullshit, oooing and ahhhing crap....nope! That was it for me.
I wanted to stand up and clarify why my 7 year old intelligent and gentle child could not hold their freakin' baby for probably 2 minutes...But, that's not how I do things...and sometimes i wish i just freakin' could....Just be a bitch if something is stupid or unfair....Yo GD baby ain't made-a fragile porcelain....Sorry...not nice...She's quite lovely and delicate, this little thing, but baby immunity is impenetrable when they are newborn. I mean, let this young girl hold your baby....God Dang...
So, that ol' bitch woman got up and handed the baby to her daughter, who did not begin nursing or feeding that baby, and she left the room (was on the phone when we were walking out and almost ignored us as we walked by....ew...yuck!) Georgia asked once more and the dad, very reluctantly, sat down with her and held her, while my child had to lean in for a picture...didn't let her hold her....WTF!?...that shit makes me crazy!......i really don't like people much...persnickety shit.....don't really care bout that baby now....
Oooooh...i knowze i should toin d'othah cheek....I'ze knowz it.
Datz not easy fo me.....specially when my kid's been dissed.
Blech.....i'm not real happy 'bout livin' today....Hate all these stupid fucking issues....Hate 'em...
How do others deal with them?

1 comment:

  1. Others deal wqith em by realizing, their baby, their decision.

    I have never had a child of my own. But I have observed, there is a certain feeling regarding the delicacy, and you should accept that.

    Kids (All) are not responsible. You should not conasider it a flagrant effontery.

    Get over it.
    Bitch.

    ReplyDelete