thinking

thinking
still

Sunday, May 16, 2010

god i've been crying so much.
Today's been better for feeling..............purposeful..........
purposeful porpoise

And i just wonder why such odd and random things might happen.
seeing a dead animal on the road
One that is not seen too often.
I've seen 2 dead alligators
I've seen 2 or 3 dead foxes lately
I've seen a dead coyote here and there.
One time i caught the remnants of a dead deer at the intersection of I95 and A1A in Yulee...and for a good number of minutes i believed it to be a kangaroo.
The worst was the dead blackbear.
we were down in the ft meyers area after Paul died.
i was with his widow and her sister.
we were driving to get a boy from the airport.
It was the boy who'd tried to stop Paul.
He was holding him when he took his life.
Steve...I think.
And as we turned off the exit of the interstate we saw the pitiful creature, there, with some forestry/wildlife person standing over it....It was so pitiful, lumbering still in its hulking eternal rest.
lumbering slumber
Carolyn looked at me and gasped that she wished she hadn't seen it, and i thought the same...it is forever in my mind.
and i clearly remember looking to see where he could possibly have come from, and directly behind him, vast acreage had been cleared, raped of anything organic, choking powdery soil, with an enormous Cracker Barrel sign shoved at the edge of it all. His home was gone.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of battle fields with my face under the shower head. Petite mal. The moments that lead up to a fatality in action might be so full, so much anxiety and then nothing- exhilarating nothing.

    ReplyDelete